I made this delicious roasted orange chicken dinner for my family last night and received raves from all. The roasted oranges with a touch of honey were fabulous, and I loved the roasted and glazed parsnips!
Recipe by Khalil Hymore
Makes: 4 servings
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 – navel oranges
- 4 – medium carrots, peeled, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 – small parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 – 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 – tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 – teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 – teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 – teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 – cups mixed salad greens
- 1 – tablespoon honey
- 1 – tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut 3 orange halves into 1/4-inch thick slices and place them on a rimmed baking sheet with carrots, parsnips, and chicken. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Rub chicken with coriander and arrange in a single layer surrounded by oranges and vegetables; season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, juice remaining orange half into a large bowl and whisk with mustard and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add greens to bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Drizzle honey over vegetables and sprinkle with tarragon; stir to combine. Slice chicken breasts and serve with salad and vegetables.
Nutrition facts per serving:
361 calories, 38 g protein, 27 g. carbohydrate, 11 g fat (1.9 g saturated). 5 g fiber, 855 mg sodium.
You can use less salt and the recipe is still delicious.